Friday, January 16, 2009

Oh, and I totally forgot about this weird thing that popped into my head while I was in the shower this morning!

Okay, so I'm in the shower, showering. I was thinking that I should update my resume because I've been at a new job since July and I haven't added it to my resume. I'm not planning on getting a new job or anything, but I just like things up-to-date.

Then I started thinking about all the jobs I've ever had that I've put on my resume and my ex boyfriend popped into my head.

I remember one summer he asked me what I was going to do for work while I wasn't in school and I said that I planned on painting schools again.

Him: You had that job last year. How many summers have you been doing that?

Me: This will be my fourth.

Him: Don't you want to do something else for the summer? Get experience doing other things?

Me: No, I don't want another job. I already have a job. It pays well and I like doing it. There's no reason to get another job.

Him: So, you don't want to experience doing other things? Why wouldn't you want to experience doing other things? Do you know how many jobs I've had? (And he starts listing his jobs)

Me: I don't fucking care all the jobs you've done. I don't want another job. I like painting.

Him: Well then how come you're not going to school to become a professional painter if you like it so much?

Me: Because I don't want to be a professional painter. I want to work in a different industry as a career.

Him: I can't believe you don't want to experience other things.

Me: (angry) What the fuck do you care what my fucking job is during the summer? It's a fucking summer job! Since my parents don't pay for my fucking education like yours do I actually have to work to pay off my debts and to live! I like painting during the summer because I'm good at it, I get to listen to my favourite music at work, and I get to work indoors in a nice air conditioned building. Plus, I get paid MORE than minimum wage. Why the fuck would I want to give up a job that I like, so that I have to waste time and money handing out resumes just to get a shitty job that I don't fucking want to do?

Him: I have to pay my parents back you know.

Me: SHUT THE FUCK UP GET OUT OF MY FUCKING HOUSE!


It was a very frustrating conversation and I started to get mad in the shower thinking about it. Nothing was ever good enough my ex. Not even my stupid summer job. I'm so glad I have an awesome boyfriend now who buys me Apple products even though I stressed that I specifically hate all Apple products ever made.

No seriously, I love my boyfriend. I don't care about the iPod. My boyfriend rocks!

No comments:

Post a Comment